Today I wanted to share not only this fabulous Stella McCartney x Adidas jacket but also 10 helpful tips that push me to keep up with my morning routine of going to the gym no matter what the day has in store. Any kind of exercise is good for clearing your head and skin but also for kickstarting your day on a positive note. Anytime I tell myself that I am going to workout in the evening it never ends up happening, either something fun comes up (which I usually can’t say no to) or else your body is exhausted from a busy day and the couch + Netflix look much more appealing.
During my University years, I didn’t have much of a routine. I had early morning, afternoon and late night classes so my schedule was a little bit all over the place and I was completely OK with it. Fast forward to today and the second I’m off my routine for more than a few days I start to go crazy. No matter what I have going on, my workout always has to happen in the morning or I know it won’t happen at all. Even if I have an early morning flight I will force myself to get up at 4:00 in the morning to jump start my day.
That being said I wanted to share some of the things that help me keep my routine and I am by no means an expert of any kind, these are just the little things that keep me going with my morning routine.
- The Night before be sure to lay out your workout gear so its ready to go the second you hear that alarm go off.
- Try to go to bed around the same time every night. The earlier you go to bed the earlier you will wake up more energized after a full sleep
- Put your alarm far enough away that you’re forced to get out of bed to turn it off.
- As soon as your alarm goes off get up and turn on a light. I used to hear my alarm go off and I would continuously push snooze over and over. Once I got myself into the habit of getting out of bed immediately, it just automatically happens like second nature now.
- Plan to go with a friend or sign up for a class if you can so that you are obligated to go.
- Have a killer playlist ready to go and make sure all your music devices are charged the night before. Nothing drives me more crazy than just getting into my workout and my music dies.
- Revamp your workout gear. I find anything I get something new for the gym that I have a little extra pep in my step just from sheer excitement to wear my new clothing. The way you feel at the gym, or on your way to the gym are important. I love wearing this Stella McCartney x Adidas puffer jacket to and from the gym or even cruising around the city to run errands. If you feel sluggish in what your wearing then you will most likely have a sluggish workout.
- Plan a reward for afterwards. For me, I love to go pick up a hot coffee while the sun is coming up.
- Make it a habit! Life is all about big and small habits and they say it only takes 21 days to build a habit, so stick with it and before you know it you won’t be thinking twice when that alarm goes off.
- Last but not least, no one has ever felt worse after a workout. No matter what, when you finish your workout you have more energy, your head is cleared and your ready for the day. An hour workout is 4% of your day which is nothing so make it happen.
Hope there’s at least one thing helpful!
Jacket / Pants / Top / Shoes / Sunglasses